How do I get started?
The State of California has taken the first step to help fund your child’s future higher education expenses. To ensure your child receives the money, you must register on the program’s online portal. The easy registration process does not require you to disclose any taxpayer identification numbers.
What you’ll need to register an account for a newborn participant:
- Local Registration Number (located on your child’s birth certificate) or unique CalKIDS code (included in the letter you received or will receive)
- Your child’s date of birth
- Name of the County in which the child’s birth was registered
CalKIDS receives information on newborns approximately 90 days after birth is registered with California Department of Public Health.
What you’ll need to register an account for a student participant:
- Statewide Student Identifier (SSID), or the unique CalKIDS code (included in the letter you received or will receive). Please contact your school or school district to find your SSID.
- Student’s date of birth
- Name of the County where the student was enrolled in public school as of the Fall Academic Census Day 2021 (October 6, 2021)