What you’ll need to register an account for a newborn participant:
- Local Registration Number (located on your child’s birth certificate) or unique CalKIDS code (included on the letter you received or will receive)
- Your child’s date of birth
- Name of the County in which the child’s birth was registered
NOTE: Please allow up to 90 days after the child’s birth for their information to be included in our system.
What you’ll need to register an account for a student participant:
- Statewide Student Identifier (SSID), or the unique CalKIDS code (included on the letter you received or will receive).
- Student’s date of birth
- Provide the county where the student was enrolled on the applicable Fall Academic Census Day, see table for guidance.
Fall Academic Census Day Guidance Table
|Academic Year||Grade||Fall Census Day|
|2021 – 2022||1 – 12||October 6, 2021|
|2022 – 2023||1||October 5, 2022|
*Fall Academic Census Day falls on the first Wednesday in October of the academic year. In subsequent years after 2021-22 year, only eligible 1st grade students are added each year.
- Register your account on the CalKIDS portal
- Register your account with a username (we recommend your email address) and a unique password
- That’s it! You’re now ready to log in to your new personal account and create or link your individual ScholarShare 529 account.